Nureyev: Legend and Legacy
FINAL CURTAIN CALL
This show is no longer running.
This September, the world’s leading ballet stars will join together to celebrate the legacy of the legendary dancer Rudolf Nureyev. Widely regarded as the greatest ballet dancer ever, he transcended borders and his performances popularized ballet with audiences throughout the world. Nureyev’s unique artistry continues to influence and inspire ballet today.
Nureyev Legend and Legacy will feature a dazzling array of highlights from Nureyev’s transformative career performed by an international cast of dancers from the most illustrious ballet companies . The dancers taking part are William Bracewell, Yuhui Choe, Alina Cojocaru, Cesar Corrales, Guillaume Côté, Benjamin Ella, Francesco Gabriele Frola, Emma Hawes, Francesca Hayward, Oleg Ivenko, Daichi Ikarashi, Natascha Mair, Maia Makhateli, Vadim Muntagirov, Yasmine Naghdi, Natalia Osipova, Xander Parish, Iana Salenko, Marcelino Sambé, Alexandr Trusch, and Marianna Tsembenhoi
Each piece has been selected to represent different aspects of Nureyev’s incredible life and work and are accompanied by live music performed by the Royal Ballet Sinfonia conducted by renowned Music Director David Briskin.
Set to be one of the ballet events of the decade, Nureyev Legend and Legacy gives audiences the chance to experience the magic and mastery of Nureyev through a new generation of dancers. Truly a night that audiences will never forget.
This event is presented in association with the Rudolf Nureyev Foundation.
The opening night performance will be hosted live by Dame Monica Mason and Ralph Fiennes.
Prices displayed include an online per ticket booking fee. All prices include a £1.70 restoration levy.
Running time 2 hours
Mon 5 September – evening
Tue 6 September – matinee
Tue 6 September – evening – this performance will be filmed
Mon 12 September – matinee
Mon 12 September – evening
Artistic Director – Nehemiah Kish
Assistant Artistic Director – Elena Glurjidze
Lighting Designer – Simon Bennison
Costume Designer – Natalia Stewart
Film Director – Dominic Best
Music Director / Conductor – David Briskin
Orchestra Director – John Beadle
Orchestra – Royal Ballet Sinfonia
Producer – Gabrielle Tana
Producer – David Banks
Producer – Sir Leonard Blavatnik
Marketing Consultant – Natalie Yalden
Publicist – Elin Morgan
Graphic design – Paul Marc Mitchell
Warm up for the Gala with Marquee TV! Marquee TV is the digital home of the arts. Virtually visit the best ballet companies from around the world with productions from The Royal Ballet, The Washington Ballet, The Australian Ballet, and more! With a specially curated collection of Ballet, contemporary dance, theatre, opera, classical music, and documentaries, Marquee TV is your key to culture, anytime, from anywhere.
Tickets priced at £1000
Available for the performance on Monday 5 September
- You will have the best seats available in the theatre, at the time of purchase, in either the Royal Circle or the stalls.
- On arrival, you will be greeted at the entrance to Theatre Royal Drury Lane by one of our staff at the VIP desk who will direct you to the Grand Saloon and provide you an envelope containing your tickets, an elastic wrist band, explanation of the evening as well as an elegant Souvenir Programme brochure.
- Ticket holders are invited to a Champagne Reception in the Grand Saloon on the first floor for a unique, private panel discussion of their personal experiences with Nureyev, the panel includes Karen Kain – former Artistic Director of the National Ballet of Canada, Charles Jude of the Board of The Rudolf Nureyev Foundation and two more panel members to be confirmed shortly.
- Wine will be served to you at the interval in a private, cordoned-off area.
- Then join us for Champagne and bowl food to celebrate the Nureyev Opening Night, joined by the artists and a stunning list of stars, notables and members of the Royal Family including the cream of the London dance world.
Tickets priced at £400
Available for the evening performances on Tuesday 6 and Monday 12 September
- You will have the best seats available, at the time of purchase, in either the Royal Circle or the Stalls at your election.
- On arrival, you will be greeted at the entrance to Theatre Royal Drury Lane by one of our staff who will direct you to the Grand Saloon as well as provide your tickets, directions for the evening, an elastic wrist band and an elegant Souvenir Programme brochure.
- Ticket holders are invited to a Champagne Reception prior to the curtain being raised in a private, cordoned-off area on the first floor.
- Wine will be served to you at the interval in the same private, cordoned-off area.
- You will be photographed by a professional photographer, after the performance, with one of the star dancers in the programme.
For further information and to discuss the VIP seats please email David Banks – email@example.com
“thrilling, sexy, technically brilliant; pure Nureyev.”
“a fascinating programme of classical excerpts danced by an outstanding line-up of international artists”
“a fitting tribute to an enduring talent”
“firecracker spins and star turns”
Our range of experiences are perfect for special occasions like birthdays, family celebrations, or a treat for yourself. Simply take a look through our extra-special offers, pick the experience that’s perfect for you, and we’ll take care of the rest.
The prices below do not include the price of the seat ticket.
Book Lounge Access
- Reserved table in an exclusive lounge, available from 1 hour before show time and during the interval
- Welcome drinks, bar snacks and nibbles
- Complimentary cloakroom
Available to book with your tickets
Pre-show drinks order includes a half bottle of house Champagne or alternatives to the same value per person. Alcohol can only be served to and consumed by persons aged 18 years and over. Please ask a member of staff for details about any food allergens. Please drink responsibly.
Book Private Suite Access
- Exclusive access for you and your guests from 1 hour before show time and during the interval
- Dedicated Red Coat to assist throughout
- Welcome drinks served with snacks and nibbles available
- Complimentary cloakroom
Pre-show drinks order includes a bottle of house Champagne or alternatives to the same value per person. Alcohol can only be served to and consumed by persons aged 18 years and over. Please ask a member of staff for details about any food allergens. Please drink responsibly.
Sign Up to Our Mailing List
NEVER MISS A BEAT
Want to be the first to know all things live music, comedy and entertainment? Want to get the latest news, updates and presales? Sign up to our mailing list and never miss a beat.