Tech In Lockdown: Panel Discussion
FINAL CURTAIN CALL
This show is no longer running.
Streaming live on The Other Palace’s
Mon 11 May, 5pm – 7pm
An online discussion around the approaches to creating and sharing performance digitally while physical venues are closed.
Given our industry’s changed circumstances, theatre artists and organisations are considering new ways to share musical theatre and theatre content via the internet. As digital platforms and technology are continually evolving to support these demands, so are thoughts on how we can best use them to achieve optimal artistic results, and some sense of a shared live experience.
The Other Palace, Mercury Musical Developments and Musical Theatre Network are bringing together a panel of industry specialists to share their insights on live and pre-recorded digital sharings of theatre and musical theatre. The discussion aims to include what technology, digital platforms and accessibility tools are proving best suited for artists to generate, share and potentially monetize their own performance online.
Panellists include (subject to change):
- Jamie Lambert, C.E.O Lambert Jackson Ltd (Leave a Light On, The Secret Garden)
- Flo Buckeridge, Senior Producer, Programming and Administration, National Theatre Live
- Haydn Corrodus, Social Media Tech Champion from the Arts Councils, Digital Culture Network
- Melanie Sharpe, Chief Executive at Stagetext
- Bartek Podkowa, Managing Director at Seven Hills Films & Technical Producer (SIGNAL Online, Bonfire Sessions, on hope: a digital song cycle)
- Kiki Stevenson (The Other Palace),
- Emily Gray (Mercury Musical Developments)
- James Hadley (Musical Theatre Network)
The event will be live streamed on The Other Palace’s YouTube channel. We hope there will be time for questions to be taken by the panel via the online chat function.