Managing Freelance Income in the Arts
FINAL CURTAIN CALL
This show is no longer running.
The Other Masterclass is delighted to once again team up with Applause For Thought to bring a series of low cost mental health awareness events. Applause for Thought aims to provide a safe environment for performers to learn more about balancing their mental health whilst pursuing a career in Performing Arts.
This second event kicks off the new tax year addressing ‘Managing Freelance Income in the Arts‘ and the effect money management can have on mental health.
This event will include:
- A session and presentation with Owen Woodgate from Tax For Actors focussing on
- What is tax
- When and how to register as self-employed
- Filling in a tax return, deadlines and paying on account
- What to claim as a performer and how best to organise your receipts
- Saving advice for tax and National Insurance
- A panel discussion with Jessica Daley, Paul Bradshaw and Rebecca Lisewski who have faced situations that have impacted their mental health as a direct result of money concerns.
- An opportunity for the audience to ask questions of Owen and the industry professionals.
Applause For Thought and The Other Masterclass are committed to providing accessible events. We will be offering a limited number of complimentary tickets to this event. If you want to attend and are unable to pay the £5 ticket fee please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your place.
Times & Prices
Sat 6 Apr, 11am
Approximately 2 hours
All tickets £5