Security at LW Theatres
At LW Theatres we take the safety and security of our guests and staff members very seriously. We have a range of robust security measures in place for the protection of all who visit and work in our venues. Our procedures have been developed over a number of years with the police and our security services provider, Pace Prestige Services, and remain under constant review.
When you visit one of our venues we recommend you arrive in plenty of time to pass through our enhanced security checks. Guests are asked not to bring large bags to our venues.
Our trained security teams are here for your safety. We kindly ask our guests to cooperate fully with all security checks and support our team members as they carry out important work to keep us all safe.
Enhanced bag and personal belongings checks
To make your visit as safe, secure and enjoyable as possible we have enhanced security checks in place. These include bag and personal belongings searches which will be carried out prior to entry. This is to ensure prohibited items are not brought into the venue.
On occasion we carry out enhanced security searches, which may include non-intrusive searches of customers. Before being searched, you will be asked to remove all items from your pockets. These searches may be undertaken using additional security measures, including wand metal detectors, walkthrough security arches and trained detection dogs.
Below is guidance on items that are not permitted to be brought into our venues. Please be aware this list is not exhaustive and is subject to change:
- Any item deemed to be a weapon or having the appearance of a weapon (including sharp objects that could cause harm);
- Fireworks and other pyrotechnics, including smoke bombs;
- Laser pointers, strobe lights and similar light emitting devices;
- Hand held communication devices that transmit radio signals (e.g. walkie talkies), radio jammers or radio scanners;
- Hazardous substances (e.g. chemicals, irritants and gas canisters);
- Personal protection sprays or similar ‘mace’ type sprays;
- Substances banned under the Misuse of Drugs Act;
- Alcoholic drinks;
- Any item that may give cause for concern that the person may wish to demonstrate within the venue
Other security measures
In addition to the security measures that you will see during your visit, we also have additional measures in place that you won’t see.
Our uniformed and plain-clothed security personnel carry out regular patrols of our venues and we work closely with our local policing teams and security experts to provide regular briefings and training to our staff members.
Play your part
We ask our guests to remain vigilant and encourage you to alert our staff or security teams if you become aware of anything suspicious during your visit.
Official Security Services Partner of LW Theatres