5 questions with Scott Folan
Posted 26th February 2018
On the back of the release of Scott Folan’s EP, he will be performing an evening of original songs – including tracks from the release itself. We spoke to him to get some more information about the launch and the EP itself.
Who are your musical influences?
– My main musical influences are singer/songwriter’s like Passenger and Ed Sheeran but also musical theartre composers like Jason Robert Brown and my dad Marc Folan.
What was it that first attracted you to our Open Mic Night?
– I’d performed in the summer at the theatre and loved the space so wanted to come back and play my music!
How long did it take for Plans to come together?
– Plans took about 3 months to come together after the songs had been written but about a year of crafting my writing went into the EP beforehand!
Do any of the songs on your EP have a special meaning or are based on certain events?
– They all have a special meaning and are all based on true stuff, but I like that people can relate their own stories to the songs so I won’t ruin it for them!!
What have you got planned next after this performance?
– After this performance I’ll be trying to secure as many gigs as possible and continue writing and crafting my style! Hopefully I’ll be able to collaborate with some new artists and make sweet music.
You can buy tickets for Scott’s EP launch this Friday 2nd March.